Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA), is a non-profit Institute headquartered near the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is one of the latest members of the National Network of Manufacturing Innovation (NNMI) Institutes.
AFFOA’s mission enables a manufacturing-based revolution—the transformation of traditional fibers, yarns, and textiles into highly sophisticated integrated and networked devices and systems.
Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
Motorcycle crash deaths are costly, but preventable. The single most effective way for states to save lives and save money is a universal helmet law.
- Helmets saved an estimated 1,772 lives in 2015.1
- If all motorcyclists would have worn helmets in 2015, 740 more could have been saved.
- Each year, the United States could save more than $1billion if all motorcyclists wore helmets.2
- Helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.2
- Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69%.3,4
“Our role is to identify ways to prevent injury and death and rigorously check what works and what does not work. For motorcycle safety, the research shows that universal helmet laws are the most effective way to reduce the number of deaths and traumatic brain injuries that result from crashes.”
– Dr. Thomas Frieden, former CDC Director